Procedure for Measurement of your Sabot
NATIONAL REGISTRATION is required for all Sabots requiring measurement.
1. Arrange with your Zone Measurer or Assistant Measurer a convenient time and place to conduct the initial measurement and completion of the ANSC Measurement Form – Part 1. (A measurement fee could apply to this task);
2. If all measurements are within the range of tolerances, the Zone Measurer or Assistant Measurer will authorise the Part 1 Form and provide the original to you;
3. Send an email to the National Registrar listing; i) Sabot Name; ii) New Owner’s Name; and iii) New Owner’s address.
ANSC National Registrar
c/o Bonnie or Michael Eaton
Bonnie 0421 986643 or Michael 0438 894322
4. Pay $20 to ANSC (direct debit CBA BSB 064:816 A/c # 0090 3438 use sail # as reference)
5. The National Registrar will issue you the following; i) your Sabot a four digit National Registration Number (commencing with 7xxx),ii) Certificate of Registration detailing new owner; iii) Copy of validated ANSC Measurement Form Part 1; & iv) Receipt.
6. Arrange for this number to be engraved or permanently fixed in the keel of your boat, as close as possible to, and outside of the rear buoyancy tank, with figures of not less than 25mm in height;
7. Once this has been done, arrange with the Zone Measurer or Assistant Measurer to complete those measurements required to finalise the ANSC Measurement Form – Part 2. (i.e. mast, boom, sail, number engraved in hull, weight correction, etc.)
8. If all Part 2 measurements are compliant, the Zone Measurer or Assistant Measurer will complete the final sign-off of the Part 2 Form and provide the original to you this form does not need to be supplied to the National Measurer.
If you have any queries on this process please do not hesitate to contact the National Registrar